The Award-winning WACOSS Leadership Development Program is back in 2019 and nominations are now open.
- Receive a Diploma of Leadership and Management – BSB51918
- Program uniquely developed specifically for the leaders in the community services sector
- Delivered by MODAL
- 16 years of program success
The unique WACOSS Leadership Development Program is now taking nominations for the 2019 intake. The award-winning program has been developed by MODAL and WACOSS to offer leaders in the community services sector formal leadership and development training specific to the industry’s changing needs.
Continuous growth and changes within the community services sector may mean that your current leadership team may be lacking skills and knowledge required to continue delivering outcomes and goals across the board. The WACOSS leadership Development Program is delivered in partnership with MODAL to create stronger teams and more resilient organisations by providing leaders with the necessary skills to enable successful change.
Some information about the program:
This program has been specifically developed by MODAL and WACOSS to deliver on the specific requirements of leaders in the not-for-profit sector. It is tailored for those in management and supervisory roles within the community services sector, who wish to further their managerial background with specifically tailored management qualifications
- 12 nationally accredited units
- Delivered over 10 face-to-face sessions
- Includes a workplace project
- Access to individual coaching and support throughout the program
- Working with a mentor of your choice throughout the course
- Assessments based on practical workplace assignments
- Delivered over a 12 month period
- Nationally recognised career development program
- Program has been refined over the course of 15 years
To be eligible for this course, leaders need to be working for an organisation in the community services sector and satisfy the following:
- Ability to complete a Diploma level course
- 4-6 hours per week availability to complete the diploma
- Must be leading work teams with direct reports or leading project teams
- Must be planning, organising and monitoring the work of others
- Must be supervising staff, including conducting performance appraisals or similar
- Must have the authority to initiate and implement changes impacting your team
- Must have the responsibility of supporting work teams and meeting organisational/business requirements
- Have an identified work mentor
- The costs associated with this program have been substantially reduced to cater for the industry and sector needs.
- You can elect to self fund this program or your organisation can fund the program.
- WACOSS members receive a discount on the program.
- Applicants may also be eligible for grant funding to assist with reimbursement of substantial course fees.