One of the biggest challenges facing organisations today is how to build the desired leadership capability to ensure sustained success. In recent years, research by Price Waterhouse Coopers has highlighted that managing and developing talent is one of the top three focuses on the minds of CEO’s.
An accredited leadership program provides people in your organisation the opportunity to undertake leadership development and receive a nationally recognised qualification for it. Programs can be customised specifically for your organisation and participants will walk away not only with new skills but also a Certificate IV in Leadership and Management, or a Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Both the Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) and the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015) are national qualifications recognised throughout Australia giving employers an assurance of the level of competency a person holds for a specific Leadership role. Written in consultation with sector experts, employers and training specialists it reflects the current skills and knowledge a competent leader should possess. It sets up a career advancement plan and pathway to higher education and career development.
Accredited leadership development is an excellent lever used by organisations to:
- Develop new leadership skills
- Provide a learning platform for workplace improvement projects
- Provide a retention mechanism for key managers and leaders
- Improve engagement
- Increase productivity
The program content and the units of competency MODAL can deliver on include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Show leadership in the workplace
- Implement operational plan
- Promote team effectiveness
- Establish effective workplace relationships
- Develop work priorities
- Undertake project work
- Implement continuous improvement
- Make a presentation
- Implement and monitor Work Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs
- Promote innovation in a team environment
- Implement workplace information systems
- Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- Manage people performance